Release Notes: Saltmine v3.6
Date: May 24, 2021
Sites are a new concept of creating, organizing and accessing data on the platform. With this update, we support both the concept of Projects and Sites and introduce a mechanism of working between these entities.The following features have been enhanced to support Sites:
- Scenario Dialog
- The scenario dialog now supports the ability to create a new site, refer to an existing site or choose to set up a scenario without a targeted real estate.
- The scenario dialog has also been extended to allow users to directly define their real estate information within the form, including details about the buildings and levels that belong to a Site.
- Strategy and Design Data Import
- The ability to import entire Strategy and Design data when referring to an existing Site within a scenario has been introduced. All the relevant data for the selected real estate ( buildings and levels) is automatically imported into the Strategy and Design modules.
- Project Statuses Workflows for Finalization Of Data
- New project statuses titled “Construction” and “Built” are now available and can be used when transitioning project statuses; existing project status “Completed” has been renamed to “Designed”. These statuses help to capture the project lifecycle and its implication on a Site.
- Status workflows have also been added, and are displayed on the image below (image 1), to help users maintain data integrity on the platform.
- Now, selection of final scenarios and designs are triggered through the update of a project status, and can be done when transitioning statuses to “Designed,” “Construction” or “Built.”
- To further maintain data integrity, the options to explicitly finalize scenarios and designs have been removed and changes may not be made when scenarios and designs are in a finalized state.
- Site Dashboard & landing page
- Our Site dashboard allows customers to visualize their portfolio of Sites, capturing key portfolio parameters, while supporting filtering and map interactions.
- Our new Sites landing page within Saltmine also displays key information about the Site such as details about its buildings, levels and key metrics.
- Permissions for Sites have also been added.
- Permissions for Sites have also been added.
Support for Imperial and Metric
- New functionality to support both imperial and metric unit systems on the platform has been added.
- Workplace guidelines can be defined in both unit systems; data within the Strategy module supports the ability to toggle between imperial and metric.
- Dashboards, report tables, and project compare data reports have all been enhanced to support both imperial and metric.
Customizable Dashboards & Data Insights
- We’ve created a new business insights module to help users visualize and analyze different parameters of their projects and portfolio data via interactive dashboards and custom reports.
- Please connect with your Customer Success managers to get further information on how to access your business insight dashboards.
Organization Hierarchy Support
- Support for a flexible organization hierarchy structure has been added in both the strategy and design modules, allowing users to plan, create and analyze their workplace strategy on a more granular level. These enhanced versions of the hierarchy structure will replace the department structure within Saltmine.
- Each page that used the Department structure has been replaced with the new organizational structure.
- Additional layers for block subtypes have been added within the strategy and design modules, providing more granularity in how blocks can be defined on the platform (i.e. a Huddle room block with different social and agile layouts can now be captured).
- Pages that used the block structure have now been enhanced to support the new subtype structure.
New Block Experience Data Association
- A new data layer to capture the look and feel of a block has been added. This new data layer allows the user to capture the different manifestations of the same block on the design that may have different look and feel factors. For example, a Huddle room block with a modern vs. traditional look and feel.
- This new structure is applied across the platform and blocks on the design file may now be tagged with an experience value which can be imported within the Strategy program for granular analysis.
Enhanced Design To Strategy Import
- The Design to Strategy import has been enhanced to include each individual block instance that exists on the design within a program. These existing units may now also be marked for removal within a program.
- All of the planned changes made on the strategy module are available on the design module in the program audit.
- A new feature to support area configuration standards in the market such as BOMA and REBNY has been introduced.
- This feature enables generation of usable and block area numbers from the floor plan per the selected standard.
- This feature includes the ability to create customized area configurations and define how wall elements should be calculated based on their use in the floor plan.
- Users may choose to view area calculations on the floor plan based on internal area or the selected standard.
- Area numbers are now automatically generated in the reports per the selected standard.
- To account for the updated area numbers per the selected standard, the partition area line item has been removed from the reports.
- A new parametric column entity has been introduced. This entity supports four different column types: rectangular, round, I-Beam and polygonal. The parametric entity supports adjustable parameters such as height, width & radius as applicable, as well as application of materials.
- The new column entity will allow for accurate representation of core and shell structures on the design.
- A new feature that allows users to set the north direction in a design file has been added. The defined direction may then be used for analyzing the sun position with respect to a floor plan.
Block Category Color Code
- A new feature to allow designers to visualize the design based on the categories of blocks has been introduced. This new visibility feature allows users to visualize the layout of different categories on the floor plan.
- The program audit has been updated to include the new block subtype and instance layers. The audit now allows for a comprehensive tree and breakdown of each block category; from blocks to subtypes, down to the individual block instance.
- The selection and any element on this tree also highlights the connected block on the floor plan.
- Glazing wall joins have been updated to accurately represent join terminations. The PDF export has also been enhanced to include these changes.
- A new feature to offset glazing wall panels has been added. This allows users to adjust the space between the end of the glazing and the last panel.
Reference Line Updates
- The reference line has been updated to include an infinite length setting.
- Updates also include the ability to duplicate the reference line and offset in both left and right directions.
- Distance Ring Legend: The distance ring panel has been enhanced to include a color legend to indicate the ring groups.
- Ceiling Fixtures Update: A new snapping override setting has been added to allow users to offset the ceiling fixture without it snapping back to the ceiling.
- A new ‘white’ background has been added in 3D global view.
- Select All Entities Update:This feature has been updated to select the correct floor division or wall when overlapping with an adjacent floor division or wall. It has also been updated to excluded entities that belong to different blocks.
- Wall Merge: A new wall merge feature has been added to support the merging of half partition walls.
- Distance Rings on PDF Export have been enhanced to include a clipping behavior to accurately represent how rings interact with walls on the design.
- Join function: A new join function for walls has been added, this allows users to join walls that may have been previously split.