- Saltmine’s Strategy module provides the unique ability to import existing condition data from design files.
- This ability allows re-creation of a design’s corresponding strategy with the click of a button and accurately details information such as usable area, headcount, existing block units and allocated spaces.
- This feature also supports the ability to tag target reconfiguration areas on the design file. Tagging reconfiguration areas in this way will generate a strategy that includes any existing condition data and the target areas where new blocks may be allocated.
There are a couple of steps to work on a reconfiguration project:
1. Prepare your design file by removing blocks and tagging the space to be redesigned as ‘Reconfiguration’.
Delete/clear target space:
Create an enclosed boundary using floor division around the space to be redesigned
And tag this room as ‘Reconfiguration‘ from the ‘Custom Type‘ dropdown
2. Make sure the design file is associated with the correct building name and levels:
3. Select files to be imported into Strategy by clicking on the ‘Import Design Data’ button: